About the institution
The University of Leicester is a leading University committed to excellence through world-changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching.
Our research pushes the boundaries, whether it’s our revolutionary work in DNA fingerprinting, the discovery of Richard III or breakthroughs in the treatment of degenerative diseases – we consider education and knowledge to be a power for good.
We’re equally as passionate about giving you the chance to make your own discoveries and put your own mark on the world. By working with our leading academics you’ll be immersed in to a stimulating and innovative learning environment.
About the University of Leicester:
- Founded in 1921, we received our Royal Charter in 1957.
- The University is currently home to 21,000 students
- We offer undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses across the sciences, arts, social sciences
- Our courses offer flexibility and choice. Depending on the course you choose, you’ll have the opportunity take a year abroad, a year in industry, or option modules
- Scholarships and bursaries are available based on academic performance and financial circumstances
Leicester Student Life
There’s a fantastic student life at the University of Leicester. Leicester’s compact and friendly campus is on the edge of the city centre.
The Percy Gee student’s union building at the heart of campus is the perfect place to relax and unwind with friends. It also boasts the superb music venue - O2 Academy Leicester. The SU is also home to over 150 student societies.
The University has recently invested more than £10m in its two sports facilities. Both feature a swimming pool, a well-stocked gym, steam rooms and a sauna, and a busy fitness class programme.
You can be assured that support is there if you need it, whether it’s concerns about your course, money advice or just someone to talk to
Leicester offers student accommodation to suit different budgets and needs, including self-catered, catered, en-suite and adapted facilities.
Students also love Leicester itself - a lively, multicultural city with great facilities and transport links.