Before you book your tickets
- Please only book one ticket per student. You will be able to book up to two visitors later on
- Due to the popularity of some talks, priority will be given to prospective students over their guests
- You only need to book one ticket, as you will be able to attend multiple course talks on the day
- You will usually receive your full Open Day programme a week prior to the event, so you can plan your day and access iBU – our open day app.
What to expect
Open Days are your opportunity to get a feel for what life is like at BU, find out more about our courses and excellent placement & employment opportunities. It's going to be a busy day - we usually welcome thousands of people on the day, so Open Days are a great chance to experience our campuses and explore the local area. We can’t wait to welcome you, so you can #belongatbu
Throughout the day you will get to
- Attend subject talks by academic staff and have the opportunity to ask questions during the exhibition
- Go on a tour of the campus with one of our student ambassadors and get to see inside a house in our on-campus accommodation - the Student Village
- Attend talks on financing your course, accommodation, student life and tips for your UCAS application
- Enjoy a bus tour around the Bournemouth area including a view of our accommodation, beaches and the town centre.
We encourage our visitors to explore public transport where possible, with excellent coach and train links into Bournemouth Travel Interchange and a BU shuttle bus throughout the day.
There is limited parking on our Talbot Campus, local pay & display facilities on our Lansdowne Campus and an Open Day park & ride service. Blue badge parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. We’ll send you further details in the week prior before the Open Day.
If you may require assistance on the day, please contact our Future Students team before the event, who can provide further information & advice.
Future Students Enquiry Team
Call: 01202 961916 (Monday-Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm)