Our innovative English Literature modules aim to cover the breadth and depth of English Literature across the world, whilst also allowing you to develop your own interests in specific areas.
As an English Literature student at Aston, you will analyse literature in the context of language, culture and history. You have the opportunity to develop your creative writing skills and investigate how new technologies impact upon reading and writing in the modern world.
Your First Year of studying English Literature at Aston will give you a broad introduction to literary genres and periods from the seventeenth century to the present day. In the Second Year you build upon the themes introduced in your First Year through the study of core and elective modules designed to broaden your understanding of the breadth and range of English literature and equip you to critically engage with a variety of literary texts across both literary genres and periods. In the Final Year you can choose from a wide range of elective modules to suit your interests.
Offered in the following combinations:
- English Language and Literature Q321
- English Literature and French Q3R1
- English Literature and German Q3R2
- English Literature and Spanish Q3R4
- English Literature and International Relations Q3L2
- English Literature and Politics Q3L0
- English Literature and Sociology Q3L3