How do I get a career in TV and film?
The television and film industry is notoriously difficult to get into and many think that you need to either know someone in the industry or spend what feels like a lifetime being a runner before you get your ‘big break’.
This event provides you with the full picture, so join us at this insight event to speak to real people from the industry, who will share their advice and experiences of this profession from behind as well as in front of the camera.
What happens at the event?
- Hear talks from industry experts to learn about their experiences
- Network with professionals from a range of different areas to gain advice and information of the industry
- Take part in fun activities that will help you build employability skills that the industry needs. This includes an exclusive Technical Camera workshop delivered by the London Film Academy
- Take a tour around the facilitates of The London Film Academy
How can this day help you?
- Understand the various jobs and areas of specialism including production, technical areas or visual FX.
- Get to grips with the various courses on offer and qualification routes
- Learn which jobs are in demand and opportunities for work experience
- Start to build the skills and qualities universities and employers look for
- Provide evidence on your personal statement and CV that you have researched and are committed to your career