How do I get a career in law?
Are you interested in a career in the legal sector?
Join us on this one day event to learn all about this industry and how to become a successful lawyer or barrister advocate. This challenging yet rewarding profession can provide great opportunities in the UK and abroad, and there are opportunities to work across all industries family law, criminal law to corporate law.
What happens at the event?
- Hear short talks from legal experts to learn about their area of specialism
- Network with solicitors,barristers, legal executives and trainees to gain advice and information on a range of job roles and industries
- Speak with current undergraduates and trainees to learn about university life and applying for training contracts
- Take part in a mock trial delivered by a barrister to explore how trials work. Will the defendant be guilty or not guilty!
- What is the law when it comes to taking a selfie? Who owns the original photo? Explore this trending topic with the University of Law’s copyright infringement workshop
How can this day help you?
- Understand all the career opportunities within the legal system
- Get to grips with the various degree courses on offer and other study routes including conversion courses
- Learn which areas of law are in demand and will be needed when you graduate
- Discover the differences between a Barrister and Solicitor
- Gain an insight and start to build the skills and qualities top firms look for
- Provide evidence on your personal statement that you have researched and are committed to the subject
- Kick start your legal career by gaining insight into real cases and practice legal activities