How do I get a career in finance?
Are you interested in a career in the financial sector?
Hosted by Lloyds Bank, students who attend this event get the chance to explore the world of ‘the city’ and financial careers using exciting hands-on activities and business games; including trading, corporate banking, investment and insurance sectors. Students also have the opportunity to chat to professionals about all aspects of starting a career in finance and learn about the different study routes from degree apprneutceship to graduate programmes.
What happens at the event?
- Hear short talks from industry experts to learn about their experiences in the financial sector
- Network with professionals from a range of financial areas to gain advice and information
- Hear from University Professors what you would cover on a Finance degree
- Take part in the ‘Trading Game’ activity that will help you build employability skills that the industry needs
- Speak with recent graduates and apprentices from a rnage of financial companies to hear about their career journeys and how to gain work experience
How can this day help you?
- Learn about different industries such as banking, insurance, pensions and actuarial, risk, accountancy and more
- Get to grips with the various undergraduate courses and higher apprenticeships on offer to understand the differences
- Learn which industries are in demand and opportunities for work experience
- Start to build the skills and qualities universities and employers look for
- Provide evidence on your personal statement and CV that you have researched and are committed to your career