Planning Apprenticeship Programme
Construction planning is fundamental to the management and execution of all construction projects. It involves mapping out logistics, plant materials and resources to ensure everything comes together to build projects smoothly.
Joining our planning team is an exciting prospect and will enable you to be in the driving seat of our projects.
In the planning team you will be part of:
- Selecting the most appropriate construction methods and sequences.
- Scheduling work activities, both temporary and permanent, and organising them into a logical structure and sequence.
- Estimating the required resources, machinery and durations for the individual tasks.
- Identifying how different tasks interact with each other.
- Producing the best programme for project delivery and effectively communicating this to stakeholders.
The Planner Trainee programme is carefully designed to develop your understanding of the key elements of construction including design, engineering, production, health and safety, building services and commercial.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Actively build working relationships with site teams, clients, sub-contractors and peers.
- Develop an understanding and awareness of contractual requirements from both clients and sub-contractors.
- Assist with the bidding process and preparation of proposals. Develop an understanding of how design and procurement influence a project
- Manage and promote the Wates health and safety standards.
Some of the specific tasks you may undertake are:
- Production of programmes in gantt chart and other formats.
- Preparation of logistic plans and other key documentation.
- Producing short term and target programmes.
- Involvement in bids – programme, method, prelims build up etc.
- Involvement on site – progress checking, supply chain programmes.
Level 4 – All you need is a passion to develop your career in the built environment and a minimum of 8 GCSE’s at grade A-C (or 9-4 under the new grading structure) with a minimum of B (or 5) in Maths and English.
Level 6 – All you need is a passion to develop your career in the built environment, a minimum of 8 GCSE’s at grade A-C (or 9-4 under the new grading structure) with a minimum of B (or 5) in Maths and English, and a HNC in a construction related subject.