Quantity Surveying Apprenticeship Programme
Our Quantity Surveying Apprenticeship programme is key in supporting you to become a valuable member of the Commercial team. As well as working closely with our production site teams to ensure a quality project is financially viable, they build relationships with our supply chain and safeguard our commercial position.
You will be expected to engage in on the job training in key elements of construction, including for example estimating, cost planning, health and safety, contracts and production.
As a member of the Commercial team your overall responsibilities will include:
- Safeguarding our contractual position relating to progress of the project, design responsibility and our legal obligations to sub-contractors regarding payments.
- Providing sound contractual, commercial and financial updates to key stakeholders, including the preparation of reports.
- Developing good relationships with our clients, designers, sub-contractors and suppliers through dealing fairly and professionally in all financial and contractual matters.
Some of the specific tasks you may undertake are:
- Developing a basic awareness of the sub contract procurement process.
- Assisting the project team with measurement and valuation.
- Administrating contract records and preparing sub contract and material orders.
- Assisting the project team in the preparation of tender reconciliations.
Level 4 – All you need is a passion to develop your career in the built environment and a minimum of 8 GCSE’s at grade A-C (or 9-4 under the new grading structure) with a minimum of B (or 5) in Maths and English.
Level 6 – All you need is a passion to develop your career in the built environment, a minimum of 8 GCSE’s at grade A-C (or 9-4 under the new grading structure) with a minimum of B (or 5) in Maths and English, and a HNC in a construction related subject.