Production Apprentice Programme
Our Production Apprentice programme is an important step towards becoming a Site Manager.
You will be expected to engage in on the job training in key elements of construction, including for example design, engineering, planning, health and safety, building services and commercial.
As a member of the construction team your overall responsibilities will include:
- Contributing knowledge and skills to the delivery of the project on time, on budget and to the required quality.
- Promoting and upholding Wates’ reputation for providing the highest standards of site safety, health and welfare and protection of the environment.
- Working with our supply chain and surveyors to protect Wates’ commercial position and the potential for profit and repeat business.
- Developing good working relationships with the client, design team and supply chain by promoting best practice throughout the whole construction process.
Some of the specific tasks you may undertake are:
- Assisting Section, Site and Project Managers with various packages.
- Administration of site drawings and accurate site records.
- Co-ordinating direct labour and checking weekly worksheets.
- Monitoring costs and budgets.
- Producing and monitoring site programmes.
Level 4 – All you need is a passion to develop your career in the built environment and a minimum of 8 GCSE’s at grade A-C (or 9-4 under the new grading structure) with a minimum of B (or 5) in Maths and English.
Level 6 – All you need is a passion to develop your career in the built environment, a minimum of 8 GCSE’s at grade A-C (or 9-4 under the new grading structure) with a minimum of B (or 5) in Maths and English, and a HNC in a construction related subject.
Don't forget to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!