Apprentice Business Administrator - Devon
Veolia is the UK leader in environmental solutions and provides a comprehensive range of waste, water and waste water management services designed to build the circular economy and preserve scarce raw materials.
This role incorporates study and completion of the NVQ level 2 in Business Administration whilst working in an Administration team during the two year fixed term placement.
Development included – Level 2 in Business Administration
Dimensions of the job
The Apprenticeship may include periods of learning and qualification away from your place of work and in your own time. During the apprenticeship you will be required to complete assessments and practical tests to demonstrate your ability in relevant to the learning and practical experience gained.
There will be an expectation that you will apply knowledge gained during your periods of academic learning.
You are to take responsibility for your personal development throughout the duration of your apprenticeship and beyond, enabling you to be equipped with the necessary skills and/or qualifications to carry out your duties.
- To provide a range of clerical duties including photocopying, filing, message taking, sorting and distributing post etc.
- To respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from internal and external customers, suppliers, and other staff.
- To deal with all customer contact effectively, and courteously, in line with policies and procedures.
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data and keeping records
- To study towards and complete the NVQ level 2 in Business Administration in year one and level 3 in year two
- Any other appropriate duties under the direction of the Line Manager for the placement, applicable to the grade and qualifications of the post.
Skills and Experience
- IT literate.
- GCSE in English grade C
- Commitment and drive to improve standards
- You will need to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- You will be able to multi-task and prioritise
- Delivery driven
- Excellent team player
- Customer Service Focused
- Understanding of Health and Safety
Veolia is an equal opportunities employer. Job titles and job content are presented without bias either of gender, race or disability and that nothing in either words or illustrations indicate any role stereotyping.