Apprentice Payroll Administrator
The main purpose of the role is to provide payroll administration. Working in a team of 10, the post-holder will support the payment of 14000 employees in an accurate and timely manner, in line with terms and conditions and statutory legislation. The post-holder will be expected to work as an integral part of the payroll services team to ensure that payroll processes are effective in order to exceed the expectations of customers.
Dimensions of the job
The Apprenticeship may include periods of learning and qualification away from your place of work and in your own time. During the apprenticeship you will be required to complete assessments and practical tests to demonstrate your ability in relevant to the learning and practical experience gained
There will be an expectation that you will apply knowledge gained during your periods of academic learning
You are to take responsibility for your personal development throughout the duration of your apprenticeship and beyond, enabling you to be equipped with the necessary skills and/or qualifications to carry out your duties.
- To Provide payroll administration to support the wider payroll function
- Ensure that tasks are completed to ensure employees are paid in accordance with agreed timetables
- Work as an integral part of the payroll services team
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training as required
- To Look at current issues and make suggestions to resolve
- Meet payroll deliverables at sufficient quality and understand the requirements
Skills and Experience
- IT literate.
- Attention to detail
- GCSE Maths C grade
- Ability to work in a process driven environment
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to multi task
- Delivery driven
- Excellent team player
Veolia is an equal opportunities employer. Job titles and job content are presented without bias either of gender, race or disability and that nothing in either words or illustrations indicate any role stereotyping.