Apprenticeship in Software Engineering (Osterley)
Provide specific details of the school leaver opportunity you are advertising, including:
- a clear description of the role, programme or scheme, and key responsibilities
- who you are looking for and any minimum requirements and essential/desirable skills required
- the structure of the scheme, including the duration and any qualifications resulting
- training and development provided
- benefits and attractive features of the opportunity
Avoid jargon and business-speak where possible, and be clear on your requirements for the role or training scheme.
Our programme lasts for 24 months, below is an outline of what this will involve:
For the first 4 weeks, you’ll be on a boot camp training programme, giving you experience in software engineering principles and languages such as Agile, Java development, test-driven development and continuous build and integration.
You’ll then be placed into different areas of Sky to work on real projects called ‘Educational Projects’. You’ll work alongside senior Software Engineers and experience everyday life at Sky in an exciting technical environment.
- A passion for technology and a strong interest in programming and coding.
- Ideally you’ll have some coding experience. This could be from school or from having a go at home.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- You’ll be able to pick things up quickly and work well under pressure.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE grades A*-C including in English and Maths.
Don't forget to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!