Work Experience in Sky News
For almost 27 years Sky News has built its reputation on being first for breaking news as well as being at the forefront of innovation. We have won multiple awards over the years for our news coverage both at home and abroad.
Now in 2017 we are not just a 24 hour television news channel but a news service that surfaces across many screens – on smartphones, tablets and laptops as well as on Apple TV, Roku and X-Box, not forgetting Sky Q. Some of our biggest audiences are also now on social media. We have millions of fans across Facebook and YouTube and an increasingly large audience gets the news from our Snapchat editions.
This is your opportunity to spend time at the heart of Sky News, experiencing what it’s like to be in a fast paced environment, alongside one of the most talented teams in the news industry.
Its competitive – we get hundreds of applications for these highly valued places so you need to convince us that you’re serious about a career in journalism.
If you get a place you could spend time in one of many different areas from TV news production and our digital teams to Sky News Radio, to the team creating content for our mobile apps. Our placements are very hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to work at the cutting edge of a 24 hour news operation
- You must be 18 years old or over
- You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and passion for news and current affairs
- We expect you to have some experience in the field of journalism and be able to demonstrate this. (This can include college journalism, freelancing, voluntary work, hospital radio, work experience, etc.)
- You must have the people skills to work in a busy and vibrant newsroom
- You should have an understanding of Sky News’ multi-platform operation.
Dates and duration:
2 weeks long placement, each commencing on the following dates:
- 8th January 2018
- 29th January 2018
- 19th February 2018
- 12th March 2018
- 2nd April 2018
- 23rd April 2018
The placement is un-waged but successful applicants will receive £15 a day towards travel and expenses.
Don't forget to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!