Work Experience in Sky Production Services
Sky Production Services aim to be the best place in the industry to create and deliver content that people love. We want to give our customers the best viewing experience, from the picture they see, the sound they hear to the entertainment, sports or news programme they choose to watch.
You could join us for 3 days, experiencing first hand, a real life production environment as well as seeing how the back-end office works to support these functions. This programme is ideal for those who've had /limited experience and want an overview of a range of roles in production. It is not suitable for those who already know a specific role they want to do for their career as it's a rotational programme.
The department is made up of three main areas; Production Studios, Post Production and Content Services.You’ll spend time in each of the areas.
- Our Studios cover the following crafts: Cameras, Sound, Lighting, Scenery, Makeup, Floor managers, Vision mixing, Graphics and Autocue.
- Our customers include Sky News, Sky Sports News, Sky Sports, Entertainment & Corporate
- We crew studios as well as International Outside Broadcasts from the Ryder Cup to Formula 1
- We are experts in HD & 3D Production techniques, and have been involved in and advised on 4k testing
- We are based in the most sustainable broadcast facility in Europe
The main role of the department is to offer editing and post production audio.We offer, services to different areas of the business; from fast turnaround Sky Sports News editing, to long form craft editing for Sky Entertainment programmes. They have 75 edit suites, which are situated across the whole of the Sky Campus and six post production audio suites.
As a whole, Content Services are responsible for getting great TV content and all the associated information and files into Sky, processing it through the Sky system and finally to air. They deal with all forms of media from tape to file, from flat files to stills. If it’s content seen on air or on your Sky planner, then Content Services would have dealt with it.
All our opportunities are unwaged but we pay £15 a day expenses which you can claim after you’ve completed your week.
If you’ve got any questions then get in touch either at email@example.com@sky.uk or @skystartingout EarlyCareersSky
Our work experience opportunities will be running on the following dates:
- 23rd – 25th January 2018
- 13th – 15th February 2018
- 27th Feb – 1st March 2018
- 20th – 22nd March 2018
- 10th – 12th April 2018
- 24th – 26th April 2018
Don't forget to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!