Advanced Apprenticeship – Utilities Operational Technician
What you’ll be doing
Our Operational Apprentices use state-of-the-art technology to keep our systems running. In this role you’ll discover the science behind creating an environmentally friendly water supply and apply it to a complex and growing network.
There are five different schemes for you to specialise in:
- Treatment: discover how we are creating safe water resources, UK wide.
- Network: maintain and enhance critical infrastructure.
- Leakage: create a more effective less wasteful network.
- Sewerage: inspect and improve underground systems.
- Waste water Treatment: use the latest technology to protect our communities and surroundings.
This Advanced Apprenticeship is A-Level Standard.
How we'll support you
- Induction event – a two-week induction designed to introduce you to our business, show you how we work and help you get the best possible start to your career
- An Apprentice buddy – someone to share your experiences with and support you in achieving your ambitions
- Regular performance reviews with your manager – bi-annual reviews to help you outline clearly-defined goals and measure how you’re developing against them
- National Qualifications – we’ll also help you to pursue nationally recognised qualifications, such as NVQs
Training and Development
Your rotation placements will allow you to develop the skills and experience that you’ll require to become an expert here, either through working in operational teams or on technical projects. During this time, you’ll combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development-training modules and have the opportunity to gain a range of NVQ Level 3 qualifications.
To help you drive and own your career progression, we’ll provide you with Personal Development Plan. This will be set and agreed with your line manager and reviewed regularly to inform your bi-annual performance reviews.
Don't forget to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!