Trainee Accountant School Leaver
As a Trainee Accountant you will be supporting the Accounting and Outsourcing Services Team on the delivery of statutory accounts, management accounts and VAT return preparation to a wide range of clients.
Your role will be to support management in the preparation of financial statements, maintaining accounting records and preparing management accounts / VAT returns for clients within set time scales whilst study towards your professional qualification.
Accounting and Outsourcing is a small but growing team within Mazars and provides national coverage. As a part of the team, you will have the opportunity to work with the many other departments within Mazars, e.g. Audit and Tax, and across a number of offices.
As a Trainee Accountant your typical daily duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation of year end statutory financial statements for incorporated entities and year end accounts for unincorporated entities
- Assist in the iXBRL (Business Reporting Language) tagging of year end statutory financial statements
- Maintaining accounting records
- Assist with preparing management accounts for clients
- Assist with preparation of HMRC VAT returns
- Utilise accounting software e.g. Sage Line 50 and Caseware
- Communicate with the team on any issues or findings
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Maintain a professional working relationship with both clients and the wider Mazars team
- Attend client social activities
- Attend all training courses as required
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
Academic Requirements – School Leavers
- Should be studying towards A Levels, Scottish Highers, AAT or equivalent.
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
We will fund for you to study towards the AAT qualification followed by the ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
We also operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.