CyberFirst Degree Apprenticeship
What do you call a tech-savvy teen with a prospective cyber security role straight out of school?
You might call them lucky. We call them cyberists.
And if you’re a school leaver keen to explore the latest technology, you could be one of them.
What’s on offer?
The CyberFirst Degree Apprenticeship Scheme – inspired and led by the NCSC, a part of GCHQ – is a comprehensive programme that lets you:
- Earn as you learn at NCSC and GCHQ, with a £17.5k starting salary
- Work towards a degree in cyber security at the same time, with all fees paid
- Train in all the core skills you’ll need for a career in cyber security
It’s the kind of opportunity to make you the envy of your classmates. Straight out of school, you’ll be paid to protect our online world, working with government at the highest level. You’ll train every day. You’ll gain a respected degree. And best of all, we’ll look to place you in a full-time role at the end of it. It’s the kind of lucky break that sets you up for life – and you could start it in a matter of months.
So how do we pick our cyberists?
We look for all kinds of people to be cyberists. You don’t have to be a programming genius – you might be a social media whizz or a gaming enthusiast instead - but there are a few things we ask for from every candidate:
- You should love technology and computing and have a strong interest in our fast-moving digital world
- You’ll have, or be predicted, 3 A Levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above, in any subject
- You’ll also have 2 GCSCs at grade B/6 or above in STEM subjects, one of which must be Maths
- You’re a UK national
And that’s it. If you meet the criteria, it doesn’t matter who you are, or what your background is. We want to hear from you.
So, who makes a cyberist?
Well, it could be you, actually.
Don't forget to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!