Pharmacy Technician Healthcare Colleague Apprenticeship
The importance of the programme.
Are you looking for an opportunity to kick start your career in Pharmacy with a trusted organisation? If you are, we would love to hear from you. We have an exciting Pharmacy Technician Healthcare Colleague Apprenticeship programme which will give you the unique opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our patients and customers whilst doing a real job and continuing with your education.
Providing exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do, and as a Pharmacy Technician Healthcare Colleague Apprentice you’ll be part of helping our customers and patients feel confident about their healthcare needs.
How will you do it?
Boots are proud to offer exceptional patient-centred care every day. As a Pharmacy Technician Apprentice you will gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours to enable you to deliver expert advice and support around a healthy lifestyle. You will also learn how to represent the many different types of health services on offer to our patients and customers and support your Pharmacist with the checking and dispensing of medicines.
The Pharmacy world is a fast paced environment, so we will need you to take an active role and be a key member of the Pharmacy and Healthcare team. You will have great opportunity to interact with a variety of different individuals with very diverse backgrounds and make a real impact on their lives.
What you’ll be doing day to day
You will learn how you will become an important part of the team to support the safe and effective running of the Pharmacy, Including the day to day running of the dispensary by:
- Ensuring that everything you and your team does is legal, safe and right for our patients and customers
- Supporting your Pharmacist to deliver services and dispense prescriptions to our patients and customers.
- Having the right conversations with every patient and customer to ensure they leave the Pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs.
- Working with other companies / organisations to develop new initiatives and to help our patients and customers
- Having great attention to detail and being super-efficient when following our dispensary operational processes
- Ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, checking and approving prescriptions
What you’ll need to have.
We are looking for individuals aged between 18-24 by the time they join us this September, who have achieved, or are on track to achieve, GCSEs in Maths, English Language and Science at grade C (level 4) or above, as well as 1 A level at C or above (totalling 80 UCAS points or above / 32 UCAS points or above in the new grading system)
We are looking for people who are real team-players and who have the drive and ambition to learn and grow in this key area of our business. We want people with a genuine passion who have the ability to tailor their support and advice appropriately to ensure our patients and customers feel valued and listened to with regards to their healthcare needs.