London Mithraeum Space Apprentice - Level 3
The Global Philanthropy and Engagement Team is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive philanthropy apprentice to work in the London Mithraeum Bloomberg SPACE. This new cultural space showcases an immersive experience of the ancient Temple of Mithras, a selection of the remarkable Roman artefacts found during recent excavations, and a series of contemporary art commissions responding to one of the UK’s most significant archaeological sites. This role will provide an apprentice with hands on experience of working within one of London’s newest heritage sites. An introduction to conservation, museum management, exhibitions, history, the arts and culture. The apprentice will join the team of established hosts providing the very best in visitor experience. Developing an in-depth knowledge of the exhibition content, historical significance of the site, and art commissions. The apprentice will also gain exposure to other activities, including ticket administration, responding to visitor’s queries, event support, reporting, data entry, technical support and security operations.
- First point of reference for all visitors; welcome and positively engage with them consistently delivering the highest standards of customer service at all times
- An ambassador for the cultural space; develop knowledge on the exhibits, the space and the new Bloomberg building in order to maximise the visitor experience
- Provide a professional and knowledgeable response to all visitor enquiries
- To monitor the space to ensure the safety of the area, visitors and staff and to ensure that visitors and staff comply with all safety and security procedures
- Proactively engage with and assist visitors in how best to maximize their enjoyment of the cultural space
- Assist with the creation, planning, delivery, facilitation and evaluation of public engagement and the schools learning programme.
- Support the Philanthropy team as they coordinate and help deliver workshops to school groups
- Provide wide ranging administrative support to the Philanthropy team
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a time sensitive environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good coordination skills
- Eye for detail
- Time Management
We'd love to see
- A genuine interest in art, culture or history
- Effective project management skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to extracurricular activities and interests
Don't forget to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!