Day-release Trainee Scheme - Construction Management
Looking for a trainee job that will allow you to build your experience whilst supporting you through part-time academic study?
The BAM Trainee Development scheme - Construction Management is designed for school leavers and college students who may have started, or be keen to start a construction related academic qualification.
The majority of our trainees join us at either HNC level or at the start of a BSc (Hons) degree programme.
You will continue academic study on a part-time day-release basis.
Playing an important and proactive role in our site management teams, the trainee scheme will provide you with a broad range of experience in your first years with the company and will establish an underlying base of knowledge for your future career with BAM.
Focusing on your core discipline, construction management, you will also have the opportunity to work in other discipline areas to gain an appreciation of the whole construction process.
- To understand the role and responsibilities of Site Management through a combination of on-the-job learning and academic study
- To meet some of the requirements for professional membership of the CIOB
- To appreciate the interaction with different disciplines that is needed to undertake a role in Site Management
- To provide the knowledge necessary to work safely, with consideration for others and for the environment
- To develop personal and managerial skills necessary to career progression
- To develop communication skills, and appreciate how to deal effectively with others
Personal and technical skills training forms an important part of your development programme. You will be given the opportunity to attend a number of internal and external training courses.
To succeed as a BAM Trainee you will have:
- A clear passion for the construction industry
- Leadership potential
- Well-developed team working and influencing ability
- Enthusiasm and self-drive
- The ability to set high standards within a team dynamic
- A willingness to learn and take ownership of the areas of work given to you
Every effort is made to provide you with an environment that allows you to evolve both professionally and personally.
Your progress will be reviewed regularly and you will be allocated a dedicated Learning and Development manager.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share our value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.