Procurement Trainee 2017
About the role
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Procurement with the opportunity of completing industry vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive procurement support to our business. As part of the scheme you will be supported with gaining CIPS qualifications. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Supply Chain Management, Health and Safety, Sustainable Procurement and Social Value.
This position will be based in West Cumbria (Sellafield).
What you'll be doing
As a Procurement Trainee/Apprentice, you will be:
- Sourcing and placing purchase orders for direct and indirect materials to support our construction projects
- Supporting the preparation of Invitation to Tenders, including inputting into procurement strategy documents. Manage the issue of ITTs through the online tender management tool.
- Managing the websites where project supply chain opportunities are advertised. Receiving and collating responses to advertised opportunities and managing new supplier enquiries.
- Dealing with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business.
- Using a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
Who we're looking for
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths & English coupled with an interest in Procurement
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to learn will be essential for this role.
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
We are the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 2nd May 2017