Quantity Surveying Degree Apprentice
About the role
You will follow a training programme as part of our RICS-accredited Degree Apprenticeship, geared towards you achieving Chartered Surveyor status with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. The Assessment of Professional Competence process for MRICS is included in the final assessment process for this Apprenticeship and will lead to the designatory letters MRICS and the status of Chartered Surveyor.
Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based. Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As the programme progresses you will have increased responsibility for the financial and legal management of construction projects. Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda.
Locations: Solihull, Cheadle, Peterborough, Greenwich/London, Exeter, Rickmansworth, Cambridge, Tonbridge, Coventry, Norwich
Business Units: Construction Services, Rail, Gas & Water and Major Projects
What you'll be doing
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To manage and lead the cost aspects complex construction projects
- To ensure that comprehensive study has been undertaken of the whole life aspects of the project and the understanding of the client’s needs
- To manage the selection of the specialist contractors for the project
- To ensure that disputes are minimised and settled amicably for all parties
- To manage the commercial success of a project for all stakeholders
You will attend college and university on a day or block release basis during the Apprenticeship.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is six years but this may depend on your previous experience and qualifications. The apprenticeship will be split into two 3 year stages.
Who we're looking for
- Minimum of five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths, English and Science, with a B in Maths
- 3 A-Levels (or equivalent) at grade A-C
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
The following qualifications will be gained:
- HNC Quantity Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- Chartered Surveyor status with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Industry certificates in Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme, Site Managers’ Safety
- Training Scheme and Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme
As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and People Skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits package and a travel allowance if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
Closing date – 2nd May 2017
We are the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.