Plant Fitter Apprentice - Derby 2017
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Plant Fitter Apprentice to work in Derby.
What you'll be doing
As a member of the Plant and Logistics Service Operative Team you will be involved in ensuring all equipment is operating to required standards.
- To report to and follow work instruction from the Plant Fitter Team leader and/or Plant Manager
- To maintain, fault find and repair specialised plant and equipment under supervision and guidance.
- To carry out inspections on plant & equipment under supervision and guidance
- Ensure that all work activities are compliant with the safety rules, health and safety legislation and environmental standards.
- To complete all documentation or electronic systems clearly and accurately and issue in a timely manner under supervision and guidance
- To be responsible for maintaining stock levels and requesting parts as and when required under supervision and guidance
Who we're looking for
• Minimum 3 GCSEs grades A*-C or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills, spoken and written,
• Self motivated and able to work in a team with a 'can-do attitude'
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• Customer focused and have excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task, in fast paced high volume deadline driven environment
• Previous construction functions
• Previous construction site experience
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits package and a travel allowance if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services provides whole life fleet management and plant & equipment hire solutions to the Balfour Beatty Group, and beyond.
Supplying over 8,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry.
From specifying bespoke vehicles and equipment, to organising lease agreements, mobilising new contracts and delivering driver risk training, Plant & Fleet Services supports Balfour Beatty’s projects across the UK with an industry leading fleet of Zero Harm and sustainably specified equipment.
This allows Balfour Beatty’s contract teams to focus on what they do best – successfully delivering essential infrastructure projects.
Closing date – 2nd May 2017