CAD Apprentice - Cheadle 2017
About the role
Balfour Beatty Gas and Water Division are looking for a CAD Apprentice to join their team in Cheadle and develop design skills. The CAD Apprentice will be involved in providing Designer CAD engineering solutions to the Non Infrastructure water business.
What you'll be doing
- To support the delivery of the business processes and systems for the Water Sector business
- To support the business development, concept design, tendering, detailed design, technical standards, planning, project delivery and performance evaluation of the water sector Designer CAD engineering solutions.
- The production of P&ID's, mass balance diagrams, process flow diagrams, hydraulic profiles, line lists, piping specs, single line diagrams, general arrangements, piping layouts, piping isometrics, steelwork details, civil details, site plot layouts, construction sequence animations. The DE will have knowledge of the principles and practices of 2D, 3D and 4D CAD as applied to engineering projects. In undertaking these tasks they will:
- Produce/check/verify CAD drawings
- Liaise with supply chain.
- Integrate the design with all engineering disciplines.
- Report progress to the Design Manager
- Attend site
- Support the preparation of bids
- Provide mentoring to the Designer CAD junior grades
- Keep up to date with emerging CAD technologies
Who we're looking for
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*-C (or equivalent) coupled with an interest in Water.
- You will be focused on delivering high quality, safely and to budget.
- An understanding of Health and Safety is a must, along with a flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to learn.
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
Why work for us
Salary & benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
Closing Date: 2nd May 2017
We are the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.