Plant and Fleet Customer Support Apprentice
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Plant and Fleet Customer Support Apprentice to work in Sheffield.
What you'll be doing
As a Plant and Fleet Customer Support Apprentice you will:
- Receive and evaluate requests from site personnel for goods and services via Hire system, telephone, fax and email
- Place of all plant hire orders with agreed and approved framework suppliers
- Manage all requests for breakdowns of both internal and external plant items and log them with the appropriate supplier / internal workshop, using the call management system.
- Follow up on all breakdowns, on hires and off-hires with suppliers / internal workshops and customers to make sure that the request is fulfilled in the agreed SLA.
- Resolve any invoice / order queries given to them by the Hire Desk Manager
- Always deliver exceptional customer service
- Take ownership of any given task and complete by agreed deadline
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in Business Administration.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
- Order Placement experience is desirable
Why work for us
Salary & benefits: We offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits package and a travel allowance if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit our website and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services provides whole life fleet management and plant & equipment hire solutions to the Balfour Beatty Group, and beyond.
Supplying over 8,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry.
From specifying bespoke vehicles and equipment, to organising lease agreements, mobilising new contracts and delivering driver risk training, Plant & Fleet Services supports Balfour Beatty’s projects across the UK with an industry leading fleet of Zero Harm and sustainably specified equipment.
This allows Balfour Beatty’s contract teams to focus on what they do best – successfully delivering essential infrastructure projects.