Business Administration Apprentice - Plant and Fleet Mob Hub
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Business Administration Apprentice to work in our Mobilisation Hub in Sheffield.
What you'll be doing
- Triage telephone enquiries from project managers for initial assessment of site requirements
- Manage a portfolio of properties to co-ordinate the successful completion of mobilisation and demobilisation of sites.
- Co-ordinate and engage with internal and external service providers, processing requests for services
- Proactively monitor progress of all orders, working with internal/external suppliers to fulfil order requirements
- Continuious support and updates with project teams
- Ensure all orders are placed accurately, and completed on time to the customer’s specification and in agreed SLA
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with customers and suppliers.
- Accurate data entry and maintenance of databases to assist in collation of management information
- Assisting in supporting the team where appropriate
Who we're looking for
- Minimum 3 GCSEs grades A*-C or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written,
- IT literate and able to produce management information
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Customer focused and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, in fast paced high volume deadline driven environment
- Previous construction functions
- Previous construction site experience
- Experience with business analysis tool sets to solve complex problems e.g programming languages, pivots and macros in Excel,
- Continuous improvement, risk management or audit experience
Why work for us
Salary & benefits: We offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits package and a travel allowance if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit our website and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact email@example.com
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services provides whole life fleet management and plant & equipment hire solutions to the Balfour Beatty Group, and beyond.
Supplying over 8,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry.
From specifying bespoke vehicles and equipment, to organising lease agreements, mobilising new contracts and delivering driver risk training, Plant & Fleet Services supports Balfour Beatty’s projects across the UK with an industry leading fleet of Zero Harm and sustainably specified equipment.
This allows Balfour Beatty’s contract teams to focus on what they do best – successfully delivering essential infrastructure projects.