Construction Management Apprenticeship
About the role
You will follow a training programme as part of our CIOB-accredited Apprenticeship, geared towards you achieving Chartered Construction Manager status with the Chartered Institute of Building and lead to the designatory letters MCIOB. The professional review process for MCIOB is included in the final assessment process for this Apprenticeship.
Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based. Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As the programme progresses you will have increased responsibility for the management of building construction projects. Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda.
Positions are available in Peterborough and Norfolk.
What you'll be doing
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in place on their site and that all staff and operatives on site adhere to those systems and safe standards of behaviour
- To manage productivity on site so that the project is completed on time
- To manage the activity on site in a way that adheres to contract and cost constraints
- To ensure that the site has minimal impact on the environment and local community
- To manage interfaces between the various stakeholders associated with the site
- To ensure that the project is completed to the specification and quality demanded by the client
- Develop an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology
- You will attend college and university on a day or block release basis during the Apprenticeship.
Duration: The typical duration for this apprenticeship is six years but this may depend on your previous experience and qualifications. The apprenticeship will be split into two 3 year stages.
Who we're looking for
- Minimum of five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths, English and Science, with a B in Maths
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
The following qualifications will be gained:
- HNC in Construction
- ACIOB status or equivalent qualifications
- Industry certificates in Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme, Site Managers’ Safety
- Training Scheme and Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme
As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and People Skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
Why work for us
Salary & benefits: We offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits package and a travel allowance if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit our website and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact email@example.com
We are the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.