Highways Maintenance Apprenticeship
About the role
We are looking for Highways Operatives to join Apprenticeship scheme for a two year fixed term contract. Highways Operatives will be required to work as part of a versatile highways team, delivering both reactive highway maintenance and planned highway works. Out of hours emergency response and winter maintenance duties are also part of the role.
These Highways Apprenticeship roles will be based in either:
Southampton, Wokingham, Warwickshire, Rochdale and Herefordshire.
What you'll be doing
As a Highways Operative, you will be:
- Deliver Highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaising with members of the client team and Public to ensure that the client’s needs are met
- Working as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Responsible for onsite Health and Safety at all times
- Assisting in the delivery of the annual winter maintenance programme (Sept – April)
- Out of Hours Standby (on a rota basis)
Who we're looking for
- Have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*- C (or equivalent) coupled with an interest in Highways Maintenance.
- Be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget.
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety is a must.
- Having a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required is essential.
- You will have a willingness to learn.
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty Living Places works in partnership with local authorities to maintain and manage the roads, street lighting and public realm infrastructure modern communities and economies need. Building close, long-term relationships, we use our expertise and resources to deliver sustainable value for money contracts covering a number of vital local services. With significant experience in delivering roads maintenance, street lighting, public realm improvements, traffic management and winter maintenance, our teams focus on providing exceptional customer service and take innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact The Emerging Talent Team.
Closing Date: 2nd May 2017