Street Lighting Operative Apprenticeship
About the role
Balfour Beatty Living Places offers a comprehensive training programme in Street Lighting Installation and Maintenance with the opportunity of completing industry vocational qualifications. This apprenticeship will last for 2 years.
This training programme is designed for candidates who would enjoy working on various Street Lighting Installation and maintenance as part of a small team.
Balfour Beatty Living Places are working in partnership with local councils as part of the delivery of this project, including the installation, maintenance and removal of festive lighting over the Christmas period.
The Street Lighting vacancies are based in Cambridge and South Tyneside
What you'll be doing
The structured training programme combines attending a local further education college to complete City & Guilds 2360 parts one and two in electrical installation and the Achievement Measurement Level 2 (AM2) wiring test, combined with on-site experience.
Your duties may include but may not be limited to -
- Test and inspect new installations, issue certificates and initial insertion of cut-out fuse
- Install electrical equipment and wire only
- Terminate and joint cables
- Routine general electrical maintenance
- Diagnose fault on equipment and replace faulty components
- Locating faults on underground cables
- Visual inspection: optical, structural and electrical
Who we're looking for
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*-C (or equivalent) coupled with an interest in Street Lighting.
- You will be focused on delivering high quality street lighting works, safely and to budget.
- An understanding of Health and Safety is a must, along with a flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to learn.
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty Living Places works in partnership with local authorities to maintain and manage the roads, street lighting and public realm infrastructure modern communities and economies need.
Building close, long-term relationships, we use our expertise and resources to deliver sustainable value for money contracts covering a number of vital local services. With significant experience in delivering roads maintenance, street lighting, public realm improvements, traffic management and winter maintenance, our teams focus on providing exceptional customer service and take innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website www.balfourbeatty.com/careers and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact The Emerging Talent Team