Business Administration Apprenticeship
About the role
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Business Administration with the opportunity of completing industry vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business.
As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 3 in Business Administration qualification. You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training.
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities as a Business Administrator may include:
- Filing, scanning, typing, faxing and emailing
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents and distribute reports to the business.
- Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business
- Organise and service meetings which involve taking and preparing minutes, and undertaking any follow up actions. Minute taking may be complex, of a confidential nature and at a senior level for internal and external partners
Who we're looking for
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in Business Administration.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Why work for us
Salary & benefits: We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
Closing date – 2nd May 2017
We are the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.