Degree Apprenticeship Programme 2020 Civil / Structural Engineering – Cumbria
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. With over 18,000 people globally, you’ll be joining a team of people who never stop pushing themselves to discover what’s possible.
Do you want to get paid for gaining a degree apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in engineering and design? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprenticeship programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Big thinkers. Inspiring designs. We’re a world-leading consultancy offering an experience like no other. With the Atkins Apprentice Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
Location: West Lakes/Whitehaven
Requirements: GCSEs including a Maths B/6 and English C/5 + 96 UCAS points. Full requirements: https://www.lcwc.ac.uk/course/beng-hons-degree-civil-engineering-asset-m...
Further details of this apprenticeship can be found here: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/civ.... Your Learning Provider is currently outlined as Lakes College but please note this could be subject to change depending on availability.
Apprentices will work with a variety of teams, join us and you can expect to be involved in a variety of projects:
- We are the team that engineer, deliver, manage and decommission nuclear facilities worldwide, using the latest technology solutions to ensure the lights stay on and the world remains a safe place.
- Our power business has been delivering mechanical, electrical, civil and structural engineering services to the global power sector for over 20 years. We’re now leaning into new energy challenges such as offshore generation and transmission, energy from waste, electric vehicle infrastructure and the integration of smart grid technology - helping to drive evolution in the power sector.
- With an unwavering commitment to safety, quality and efficiency, we are well positioned to add value to today’s challenges of delivering the next generation of nuclear power plants while at the same time maintaining the existing generating ﬂeet and safely decommissioning legacy facilities. We’re now looking to the future, working with Small Modular Reactor (SMR) developers to advance new designs and developing digital applications, such as virtual and augmented reality, for the nuclear industry.
During your 5 year apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Spending either one day a week at the college or doing block weeks. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
What are we looking for?
- The ability to work in a team, assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects
- Creativity and strong communication skills
- Vision, inclusive and the drive to keep on learning
- To be reliable, practical and self-motivated
- To use your own initiative
- To Work across different locations on a variety of projects, constantly developing your skills and experienc• Be UK mobile to work across different locations on a variety of projects
- A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and isn’t afraid to push boundaries
What are the benefits and rewards?
For a full list of our benefits and to understand more about our apprentice community, please visit: https://careers.snclavalin.com/apprentice-rewards-and-benefits. Alternatively, if you’d like to speak to one of our current apprentices about our culture visit our website.
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit our website.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially.
For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
Our deadline for applications is 31 January 2020. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Don't forget to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!