Advanced Apprenticeships - Infrastructure - Nottingham
Arup is a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts. We use our skills to make a positive difference in the world. This is a brilliant opportunity to build a creative career designing and delivering exciting work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
Our apprenticeships allow you to study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals. As an apprentice, you’ll study at a local college on day release, and combine this experience with real responsibilities in the workplace. A dedicated mentor and our learning and development team will guide you through your personal and professional development.
About the role
Right now we’re looking for Civil Engineering Apprentice Technicians to join our teams in Nottingham. From your first day you’ll join a community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You'll support a variety of different work, including:
- Production of engineering drawings and sketches, including 3D or 2D computer drawings
- Preparation of simple engineering calculations
- Contributing to solutions for design challenges
- Taking part in design meetings, site visits, presentations and workshops
- Helping with the administration of projects
You'll help a team including engineers and other professionals to assess, design and supervise civil engineering works. You’ll work on a wide range of projects - from roads and pavements, to car parks, drainage, and earthworks. Projects and designs will come in all shapes and sizes, and could involve sports stadia, highways, airports, ports, rail schemes, and new buildings. You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients such as Highways England, HS2, Sellafield and many others. As part of your apprenticeship, you'll study towards a Level 3 qualification in Civil Engineering with one of our local partner colleges.
What we look for
We’re looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in the design engineering sector and deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Five or more GCSEs (grade C/4 or above) including English and Science
- Grade B/5 or above in Maths at GCSE
- Confident working with numbers
- The ability to produce neat and accurate technical drawings
- Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
You must be available to commence employment in August 2018 in order to be considered for this role.
Don't forget to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!