Not sure what you want to do after school? Want to fast-track your career?
The ACCA apprenticeship offers you exciting the opportunity to start a great career in accounting and business outside of the university route. But, if you later decide to get a degree, our apprenticeships offer an option to do that as well!
What is an ACCA Apprenticeship?
It’s a job alongside training and study so you’ll be working and earning a salary while studying towards a recognised qualification at the same time. It’s completely flexible – choose the starting point that suits you best and sit your exams when you and your employer are ready.
An apprenticeship will give you valuable, transferable skills and offer an opportunity to gain a Bachelors or Master’s Degree if you choose further down the line.
The best part is that the government and employers fund apprenticeships so you can earn, learn and qualify without the usual student debts. You’ll also put yourself ahead of graduates because your CV will already have the real world work experience that employers are looking for as well as the unique mix of ethics, behaviours, technical and business skills that are so important to modern finance teams.
ACCA Apprenticeship options
Our Accounting Technician Apprenticeship (Level 4 in England, equivalents in Scotland & Wales) is a perfect entrance point to the world of accounting and finance. You’ll gain finance, business and management skills that can be transferred into any industry, and softer skills that employers really want. This apprenticeship will help you develop your career and open doors for future training towards professional accountant status; it’s a strong foundation and starting point to the world of finance.
The Professional Accountant Apprenticeship (Level 7, England only) is a fully funded route towards ACCA professional accountant status. You’ll focus on real-life work scenarios and use the latest technologies that will give you a strong understanding of all areas of accountancy, financial analysis and business issues. Build your skill set and make yourself more employable all while working towards a globally-recognised qualification.
What you need to know about the ACCA Accounting Technician Apprenticeship:
- Earn and learn at the same time - you could earn a salary of up to £15,000, depending on the role and industry and you’ll get a Diploma in Accounting and Business at the end.
- You benefit from on-going work experience and mentoring.
- You take just three exams when you and your employer are ready.
- You will gain practical experience that counts towards achieving the ACCA Qualification, where you can become a fully certified accountant and ACCA member.
What you need to know about the ACCA Professional Accountant apprenticeship:
- It’s equivalent to a Master’s degree and focuses on real-life work scenarios as well as valuable soft skills that employers want like communication and leadership.
- It includes ACCA’s professional accountancy qualification which has been designed to reflect changes in the fast-moving business world, ensuring the skills you’ll learn are relevant both today and in the future.
- It takes around 36 months to complete, with the flexibility to enter the programme at various stages, to match where you currently are in your educational career.
- You can study towards a BSc in Applied Accounting and MSc in Professional Accounting if you choose.
How much can you earn?
Depending on the industry, location and type of apprenticeship, you could earn up to £15,000.
How do I become an apprentice?
Get your CV up to date to make sure it highlights all the important areas. Our careers site has lots of helpful information here all about how to create an impressive CV as well as job hunting advice.
Once your CV is sorted, take a look at our Jobs Board where you can upload it and get started applying for apprenticeship opportunities. Guidance on this process can be found here.
Interested in becoming an apprentice? Start your journey today with ACCA.
Don't forget to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!