We're the world's most forward-thinking professional accountancy body with over 188,000 fully qualified members and 480,000 students worldwide.
ACCA is the world's leading professional accountancy body with over 200,000 fully qualified members and 486,000 students worldwide.
This may be the first you’re hearing about a professional body. Essentially it means that we’re an organisation whose members are accountancy professionals. We offer the opportunity to become a chartered professional in accounting and also conduct and publish research, set standards for the industry, provide continuing professional development and work to make the profession more accessible.
Our study options will give you all the tools you need to become a successful finance professional as well as the exciting chance to work in any industry anywhere in the world. With various options to suit your learning style, including the chance to continue studying towards a degree or masters, we have plenty of opportunities to help you get your career started.
ACCA has a pathway for everyone - whether you’re interested in earning while you learn with an ACCA Apprenticeship, pursuing a University degree then moving on to the ACCA Qualification, or getting a certificate via our online learning platform ACCA-X, you can choose the option that is right for you.
Already studying towards a university degree? You may be eligible for exemptions from some of the papers meaning you can become a professional accountant even quicker.
Within the competitive graduate and school leavers’ job market, it’s important you set yourself apart from the rest. With ACCA’s strong global reputation amongst employers, you know you’ll be in demand regardless of where you’re based.
Why choose ACCA?
- Accountancy professionals are in demand around the world - every type of business needs finance staff from all backgrounds, so you can pursue a career in any sector that interests you.
- The areas of study within our qualification have been updated to reflect changes in the fast-moving business world, ensuring the skills you’ll learn are relevant both today and in the future. These are the skills that employers are looking for to ensure the long-term success of their business and finance team, so you can be reassured that you’ll stand out when applying for jobs.
- There’s a diverse mix of jobs available within the field such as tax, audit or even forensics to name just a few. You could find yourself preparing accounts, undertaking audits or responding to fraudulent activities and running investigations - the possibilities are endless.
- Accountancy isn’t just about numbers. You’ll pick up a range of other important skills like teamwork, leadership and communication – areas that’ll help you succeed in any business, across any sector.
- Career progression opportunities – progress quickly to a position of responsibility or even become your own boss, the skills you’ll get from an ACCA qualification will help you succeed not just in accountancy but the world of business as well.
- Our Connect support team are available 24/7 so you’ll never be without guidance and assistance.
- You’ll become part of not only a prestigious profession but also a community of students, members and employers, meaning you’ll have access to valuable resources and support.
Start your journey today with ACCA
Remember to mention TARGETcareers when contacting employers!