School Leavers' Challenge
A Day at Adastral Park, BT's Global Research and Development Headquarters
Spend the day seeing the latest research work, network operations centre and customer showcases.
- Begin the day with a tour around our exclusive customer showcases. Get the opportunity to see future technologies that will one day be commonplace in our homes and communities.
- Meet Tim Whitley, our Managing Director for Research and Innovation.
- Spend your lunch Networking with BT’s Graduates and Apprentices. Hear about their experiences and receive loads of guidance and support around your decisions for the future.
- Case Study in an area specified by you. Is there a particular area or particular subject you would like to know more about? Let us know and we will arrange for you to meet the closest match who can provide tailored advice and support.
- CV guidance, coaching and mentoring with our Head of Talent Programme Recruitment. Get expert advice on how to build you career and create your future.
- Tour around our fast-paced busy IP Networks Centre. This is where it all happens! Proactively monitoring the network to check for faults is extremely important to our business. Come and watch our teams as they communicate across the globe to look after our network.
The 2016 Grand Final
The 2016 Grand Final took place at the BT Tower on Monday 14 March, with 100 students competing against each other in team activities to win an exclusive day with the competition’s headline partner, BT, at its R&D Headquarters. During the day, students also had the chance to network and receive careers advice from BT and the other leading organisations supporting the competition.
The 2016 winners
- Abe Chauhan from Nottingham High School (1st)
- Logan Thomson from High School of Dundee (2nd)
- Luke Ibbotson from The Judd School (3rd)